Thursday 11th June - Friday 12th June 2015
This inspection: Outstanding 1
Leadership and management: Outstanding 1
Behaviour and safety of pupils: Outstanding 1
Quality of teaching: Outstanding: 1
Achievement of pupils: Outstanding 1
Early years provision: Outstanding 1
Sixth form provision: Outstanding 1
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils: This is an outstanding school
- In this welcoming and popular school, pupils including those in the early years and sixth form, make outstanding progress. They achieve exceptionally well and are very suitably prepared for the next stages of learning or employment.
- Teaching is outstanding. In a very positive atmosphere for learning, high expectations are strongly conveyed to pupils. Planning is very well considered, assessment meticulous, and activities are relevant and enjoyable so that pupils try their best.
- Early years provision is outstanding. Children make excellent progress in all areas of learning because activities are extremely well organised and fun, and children are quickly engaged.
- Sixth form provision is excellent. Independence and decision making are highly promoted, very effectively encouraging academic achievement and personal development.
- Behaviour is outstanding. Pupils are courteous and enjoy school greatly. Deeply ingrained procedures to ensure safety lead to pupils feeling very secure. Parents are highly confident that their child is very well looked after.
- The headteacher’s strong and effective leadership is fully supported by senior staff. Leadership is widely dispersed and staff are highly motivated to do their best. Governors know the school very well, steadfastly holding leaders to account. In consequence, leaders, managers and governors ensure that the school continually improves.
Please download the full Ofsted Report below
To allow for comparisons between schools click this link